- jekyll_alias_generator - 32
- jekyll-tagging - 30
- jekyll-tweet-tag - 18
- jekyll-asset_bundler - 18
- jekyll-scholar - 18
- jekyll-author-plugin - 10
- jekyll-press - 9
- jekyll-scholar - 9
- Simple-Jekyll-Search - 9
- jekyll_alias_generator - 8
Converter Plugin that brings Jade support to the Jekyll blog-aware, static site generator
Converter Plugin that brings Jade support to the Jekyll blog-aware, static site generator.
- Install Jade with NPM. e.g.
$ npm install jade -g
- Place the
jade.rbfile into your Jekyll installation under
- All static pages and posts ending in the extension
.jadeare now processed through Jade automatically.
- Layouts need special treatment, see below.
Applying Jade to Layouts
Unfortunately Jekyll doesn't yet allow plugins to pre-process layout files before further processing. To write your layouts in Jade, you therefore have to render them externally. Fortunately this only needs to be done frequently for a small period of time, during layout development.
During layout development, we recommend:
- Create a
_layouts/jade/folder where you will place your "pre-rendered" Jade source.
- Create a
Makefileor shell script to execute the Jade compile-and-watch command:
jade -w -o ../ *.jade
- In another terminal, simultaneously run your Jekyll builds: e.g.
jekyll serve -w
Read the companion blog post, Templating your Jekyll Blog with Jade.